WHO WE ARE
Trident Transport is a freight broker & logistics provider specialized in brokering and handling freight. Solving problems and helping our customers is what we do best.
We are here to help. Anytime. Anywhere. No Matter What.
INC. 5000 has recognized Trident as one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States for three years in a row and we were ranked in the top 500 for back to back years. Our unrivaled work environment has been highlighted many times and gathered multiple awards, including “Best of the Best – Places to Work.”
WHAT WE OFFER
– A modern office in downtown Chattanooga.
– Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Basic Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability.
– Retirement Plan (401K) with company match.
– Unlimited vacation policy in addition to 6 personal days and paid holidays.
– Office games, snacks, catered lunches, and more.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Cargo Claims Coordinator handles and resolves complex claims with customers, shippers, consignees, and carriers relating to cargo loss incidents. In this role, the Cargo Claims Coordinator will evaluate, negotiate and authorize settlements with all stakeholders within the designated level of authority.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- First line of contact for all claims. Answer basic questions for carriers, customers, and brokers regarding claims issues.
- Collect information from callers on all incidents including wrecks, damage to trucks / trailers, cargo damage and property damage.
- Provide insurance certificates when requested by customers.
- Analyze data to determine claim’s validity.
- Use data, statistical and trend analysis, and observation analysis to identify root cause of freight damage exceptions and recommend counter measures to address or mitigate damage occurrence and liability exposure.
- Work within company guidelines to analyze contractual agreements of the customer, shipper, consignee or carrier and then assess the physical damage reports and the cargo claims findings. Communicate results to the customer within the opening 72 hours. Discuss, provide and recommend an action plan to the management team.
- Notify involved parties of claim filings and/or rejected claims and work with the claimant to understand the value of damaged products and how the product should be handled. Involve Operations to assist in the movement of the product.
- Enter and track claims in TMS system.
- Determine next steps and order inspections in order to support the claim with the customer or carrier in an effort for resolution. Evaluate independent reports, including video, written incident reports, valuation estimates, etc. in claim resolution.
- E-mail updates on progress or conflicts regarding the accident to all internal parties involved.
- Escalate and coordinate with External Claims Adjusters as needed.
- Negotiate and determine timely settlements and claim resolutions, process payment requests and final case paperwork following discussion of valid claims with customers, carriers, and appropriate personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and claims processing experience.
- One to three years of experience handling complex cargo and/or insurance claims preferred.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply knowledge of DOT and other federal regulations applicable to the transportation industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary to prepare reports and to interpret and communicate complex material, statistical data, and results to management.
- Creative ability to find innovative improvement opportunities while balancing accountabilities, specifically with external customers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, and with web-based applications, claims database software and the ability to determine trend analysis and produce reports to support findings.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a team environment.
QUESTIONS OR ISSUES?
Call Human Resources at (423) 805-3705 x119.