Trident Transport, voted the #1 fastest growing company in Chattanooga, TN, is a Third-Party Logistics company headquartered in the heart of the city. We are looking for individuals with a strong background in accounting, and a preferred background in logistics to fill a full-time position as a Controller.
Duties & Responsibilities
– Maintenance of the financial records in accordance with GAAP.
– Assist with preparation, analysis, interpretation, and delivery of financial statements.
– Preparation of timely, accurate and useful financial information, performance metrics, financial reporting and analysis for management and investors.
– Analyze, consolidate and interpret financial data, prepare detailed reports, variance analyses and presentations for review by all levels of management.
– Assist with generating and analyzing reports to track open invoices
– Compile varied monthly reports for internal and external purposes
– Direct financial reporting processes to ensure complete, consistent and accurate accounting and reporting of financial activity, including general accounting, sales, lease portfolio, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
– Assist with fixed assets as needed.
– Accounts Receivable and Billing assistance as necessary.
– Involvement in accounting processes at a grassroots level.
– Identify and implement procedures and reporting cycles to improve methods of controlling, monitoring and reporting key performance metrics.
– Assist with external audit for proper documentation of internal controls and adherence to policies and procedures.
– Perform other special projects as required.
Education & Experience Required
– BA/BS in Accounting with CMA or CPA preferred.
– 10+ years’ experience in an accounting/finance operations or related role.
– Strong understanding of lease accounting, lease finance origination, servicing processes and procedures.
– Supervisory experience required.
– Extensive experience with Excel, leasing, fixed asset and other related business software system development, integration and documentation.
– Strong communication and presentation skills.
– Proven ability to build productive business relationships and achieve consensus based outcomes.
– Proven ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple activities and competing deadlines.
– Proven ability to work cross-functionally at all levels.
– Demonstrated ability to translate document and/or contract language into process requirements.
– Demonstrated ability to build successful internal and external business relationships.
– Strong professional presence along with excellent written and verbal English communication skills; additional languages a plus.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the employee. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. The employee may be asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change.
Education & Experience Preferred
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Accounting: 4 Years
– GAAP: 4 Years
– Excel: 4 Years
– McLeod: 4 Years
– Certified Management Accountant
Work Environment: This job operates in a normal professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines, and filing cabinets.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; frequently stands, walks, uses hands to finger, handle or feel; and reaches with hands and arms.