Trident Transport, LLC, voted the #1 fastest growing company in Chattanooga, TN, is a Third-Party Logistics company headquartered in the heart of the city.
We are currently seeking a full-time Credit & Collections Specialist who will be based out of our Corporate Headquarters in Chattanooga, TN. The position reports to the Credit and Collections Manager. The successful candidate for this role will have the responsibilities and qualifications as summarized below:
- Enter new customer details into the customer profile within the company’s Transportation Management System (TMS).
- Investigate new customer credit standing to determine and establish credit limits
- Create and carry out various weekly reports as determined by the Credit & Collections Manager and CFO.
- Monitor all accounts to ensure timely payment; communicate and recommend appropriate action to Credit & Collections Manager.
- Use Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) to determine credit limits upon request.
- Investigate and attempt to resolve all relative customer related issues.
- Daily review and communication for all past-due accounts.
- Maintain all account documentation within the TMS.
- Complete all vendor profile requests for potential customers.
- Reconcile necessary payments received without proper documentation against outstanding balances.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in Accounts Receivable and/or Credit and Collections.
- Strong understanding of financial statements, credit and collections metrics, and benchmarks.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically MS Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with a TMS and/or D&B is a plus, but is not a requirement.
Trident Transport’s EEO Statement
An Equal Opportunity Employer seeking candidates without regard to age, race, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected status.